Hello, lovelies! 🍄 These past weeks I have been organizing my office. After years of loving books, I realized that I owned more than 300 physical books for which around 70% I didn’t even want to own. So, I packed 70% inside boxes and they are now ready to be given to local public libraries.
Now, you will be asking yourself – who in their right mind give books aways, especially a book lover. My own parents asked me if I was going a bit crazy after all these books cost me a lot of money! But they don’t bring me happiness anymore!
- Outgrew some of the genres: Many of these books’ genre Young Adult, which is a genre I have outgrown and will not plan to read anytime soon unless is a book I truly look forward to reading. I did keep some books within this genre which I plan to read hopefully soon: The Raven Cycle, Black Birds of the Gallows, Stolen Songbird, and a couple of other paperbacks.
- More than one copy: When I joined the Book Community, especially Instagram, I joined many, many book subscription boxes such as OwlCrate, MyBookBox, Fairyloot, Illumicrate, Book of the Month, etc. Unfortunately, most of the time these monthly subscription boxes had the SAME book which would drive me crazy. This is how I ended up with Plain Jane x2, Thuthwitch x3, and many others (hardcover and paperback version).
- Books I didn’t care for: I also had a lot of books that after many years I hadn’t picked up. I owned popular series such as Shades of Magic by V.E Schwab, Six of Crows by Leigh Berdugo, etc. They were getting more dust than attention.
- Not enough space: As book lovers, you can all imagine 300+ books, there was no point for me to have books I just didn’t want to read. I felt like a hoarder saving books just for the sake of ‘owning’ them.
- Books I had read but didn’t want or love anymore: Books such as ACOTAR, Fangirl, romance books, comics, fantasy series, etc. I was extremely glad to say goodbye to Anna and the French Kiss (that as of today, it continues to be the worse YA I’ve read).
Lately, I haven’t been buying physical books – ebooks are my new thing. Kindle Unlimited is just wonderful and let’s not talk about Audible! There are so many free books that I can read with KU, so many wonderful new authors ~