Hello, lovelies! ✨ I’m back with a new bookish thread I will be doing once a month until I’ve no more colors left to explore (or get more books which I don’t think will happen any day soon). So, right now my bookshelf is rainbow 🌈 style which I’m loving – for some reason now more than ever – usually, I keep my books by genre and then authors within those genres.
But, my rainbow bookshelf is giving me life, so I thought now would be a good time to go through color batch books and see which ones I’ve read or just general thoughts about them, maybe even include how long I’ve owned them >0<
Some of you may have read my post about donating almost 200 books, I stayed only with the ones I truly look forward to read or the ones I’ve already read and absolutely loved.
Today, we start with GREEN SPINES 🌱
- Heartstopper Volume 3 by Alice Oseman (READ): I read these a few months ago I think and oh boy, I loved it ❤ I look forward reading volume 4 and how the relationship between Nick and Charlie will evolve.
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue (book 4 of The Raven Cycle series) by Maggie Stiefvater (UNREAD): I had to look in my records to see how long I have owned this book and it pains me to admit that I bought this book back in April 10, 2016 (ಥ﹏ಥ). That’s right, I’ve owned this book for more than 4 years and I have not even read book 1 😖 I think I’m sticking with this one is mostly for the cover, but also, I’m truly looking forward to read the whole series I just need to be on the right mood for it.
- The Savage Dawn (book 3 of The Girl at Midnight series) by Melissa Grey (UNREAD): Friends, let me just say that book one of this series has been a favorite re-read for a thousand time (◕‿◕✿). I love the world building in this series, the magic, the romance and backstory. I just have not been able to read it because I spoiled myself with the ending and I was not prepare for it. I’ve been avoiding reading book 2 and 3 like the death. If you like whimsical and beautiful writing, sign up for this series!
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (UNREAD): One of the classics I look forward to read but haven’t yet. The cover is to die for and it may be blue-ish but for me is totally green. I don’t know much about the book /yes, shame on me (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿), it came in a set of classics but I hope is good, if you guys have read it let me know what you think about it 🌸
- The Obsession by Nora Roberts (READ): The audiobook is phenomenal, one of my favorite re-reads in the world. I think by now, I know this book by memory! Fully recommend for some suspense, thriller and romance (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧.
- Chesapeake Blue (book 4 of the Chesapeake Bay Saga) by Nora Roberts (STARTED): This is one of my favorite series by Nora Roberts, there is something amazing about a group of siblings finding love, I have re-read the first three books a lot of times but I’m still reading this one for the first time after years. I think I’ve owned this series for about six years now 🤔 I hope to finish this one this year.
- Heir of Novron (book 3 of The Riyria Revelations) by Michael J. Sullivan (UNREAD): I have only read book one of this series, it was a few years ago but I did enjoy it! I remember there were a lot of characters, badass male heroes and sword fights.
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz (READ): Read it, love it, will probably re-read it soon before the end of the year! ❤️
- East of Ecstasy (book 4 Hearts of the Anemoi) by Laura Kaye (READ): An amazing series of mythology, fantasy and romance (づ￣ ³￣)づ
- King Rising (book 3 of the Captive Prince Trilogy) by C.S. Pacat (READ): I remember reading this book and being blowed away by the entire trilogy. The romance in this book is slow burn and delicious, but, the overall plot and characters make this book everything!
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (STARTED): I bought the set after watching Anne with an E in Netflix (and I’m so sad it was cancelled). I started the audiobook of book one but I’m still in chapter one since I was sidetracked with other books. But, I hope to finish book one at least before the end of the year /wistful thinking/
- The Way Past Winter by Kiran Millwood Hargrave (UNREAD): I’m not too sure about what this book is about, I bought it by impulse after seeing the cover around somewhere. I think December would be the right moment to read it (づ￣ ³￣)づ
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (book 2 of the Harry Potter series) by J.K. Rowling (READ): I really enjoyed this one when I first read it a couple of years ago, I know J.K. Rowling has not been very popular lately, I understand everyone is feeling betrayed by her but she did create this magical world and I will always enjoy reading Harry’s adventures during Christmas! 🎄
- Stolen Songbird (book 1 of The Malediction Trilogy) by Danielle Jensen (STARTED): I started this book a few years ago and I don’t remember why I stopped. I remember thinking about how amazing the world building was, I hope to pick it up soon, maybe at the beginning of next year.
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (STARTED): So, Howl’s Moving Castle is one of my favorite movies in the whole world, is the type of movie you re-watch and don’t get bored because you discover something new every time. But, the book has been a bit slow and very different to read than the movie. There are different factors from both the movie and the book which is normal, but is taking me awhile to truly love this read and finish.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (book 6 of the Harry Potter series) by J.K. Rowling (UNREAD): I’m still in book 5 of the HP series, which is ironic as I love all the movies and loved the first 4 books, but, the audiobook for this one is taking me quite long. The audiobook is about 25 hours and I’m stuck in chapter 26 hating Dolores so much I feel like screaming every time there is a scene with her. Let’s see how long it will take me >-<
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (book 3 of the Harry Potter series) by J.K. Rowling (READ): Read and love it, I think what I loved the most here is the friendship between Sirius, Remus and James and the map! That map is a must ❤ Fun fact: when I watch the movie I always get a bit lost with the whole Time Turner scene but the book was really good at describing it so I liked it.
- A Duke in Shining Armor (book 1 of the Difficult Dukes series) by Loretta Chase (READ): Read, loved it, laughed and fell in love with the main characters. One of my favorite reads (I even own the ARC) and I’ve waited 2 years for book 2 which is coming out soon >❤️ <
- Fantasy Lover (book 0 in Dark-Hunter series) by Sherrilyn Kenyon (READ): If you have seen my review about this book, I don’t have anything else to say except how much I love it.
- Night Embrace (book 2 in Dark-Hunter series) by Sherrilyn Kenyon (READ): Talon and Sunshine ❤ one of my favorite series to re-read.
- First Step Forward (book 1 of Grand Valley series) by Liora Blake (READ): This romance was so good the first time I read it, I remember being so in love with the characters. Its been awhile since I re-read it but boy, I still remember some of the scenes and wow!
- To Sir Philip With Love (book 5 of the Bridgerton series) by Julia Quinn (READ): Sighs in love/ everything in this world is a must read for me. The Bridgerton family have been with me since I was 11 years old. Did I mention Netflix is releasing the books in a series and the producer is Shonda the one from Grey Anatomy, I’m so read it for it!
- The Sum of All Kisses (book 3 of the Smythe-Smith Quartet Series) by Julia Quinn (READ): Laughed and fell in love with this one, set into the same world as the Bridgerton I always have a great time reading anything by Julia Quinn!
- The Duke and I (book 1 of the Bridgerton series) by Julia Quinn (READ): The review says it all, insert chef kiss.
|AMOUNT OF BOOKS IN THE GREEN SPECTRUM||24|
Now that I do this math, not bad! I just need to finish those 4 and see when I can tackle the other 6 books! 🌻 This is counting only my physical books, all my Kindle books have been read, loved and re-read multiple times ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ