Hello, lovelies! 🎫 This year, one of my bookish goals is to blog more (▰˘◡˘▰) so I have decided to do small weekly recaps of things I’ve done. This idea just popped up like yesterday, hence why I don’t have a week 1 recap. This will be a mixture of bookish/personal/random thoughts about books, movies, TV shows, music I’ve been into, YouTube channels I’ve been watching recently, recommendations, etc (>人<)
Bookish things I’ve been doing;
- For the past two weeks I’ve been reading non-stop! So far I’ve read 16 books and listen to 1 audiobook. Most of the books have been about 100+ pages, some part of series which I’m really liking. Sometimes I need a break from long books and these standalone and short series have been very fun!
- On Friday I finished listening to Montana Sky by Nora Roberts and that book blew my mind away. Just when I thought it was almost over the plot twist left me shocked! I will post a review soon, I need to share this gem with the world (✿´‿`)
- Last year I joined Facebook for the first time and yes, it was for the books. So many authors I love have Facebook groups where the atmosphere is just amazing. So lately, I’ve been surfing Facebook more often and the recommendations are amazing. I feel people on these groups are some of the most open and accepting bookish lovers out there and I’m loving the vibe there ~(˘▾˘~)
- I’ve been trying to be more active on the blogging sphere. I’ve been reading so many bookish resolutions and goals these past days, I always enjoy knowing how others manage life and books 🤔 any resolution you have in mind!?
- Some amazing books I’ve read so far: Playground Games by Lily Morton, Love-Blocked and Well-Played by Charity Parkerson, Heist of the Heart by Leighton Greene, Montana Sky by Nora Robrts.
- I want to start bullet journaling a bit more, I have been collecting some ideas and inspiration online, hope to star this week!
- This year I want to learn how to roller skate. I have never been good with sports besides running, but, I’ve been thinking about learning new skills and they look so fun (plus some of those skates are just so pretty!)
- Today I realized that I’ve been watching a lot of room makeover, study and bullet journal videos lately. I follow so many talented people in YouTube, plus all the good recommendations. I have been thinking about changing my office – again – I started working from home and I feel I need a space where video meetings are acceptable (¬‿¬)
- As I love re-reading, I also love re-watching shows. These past weeks has been all about Hell’s Kitchen, The Closer, Major Crimes, and Cupcake War. Nothing better than crime and cooking shows 👩🏻🍳
- I recently watched on Netflix Something in the Rain and wow! K-dramas never disappoint, this drama touches a topic we don’t often see in other dramas: a relationship between two people with an age and wealth gap. She is almost 40 and he’s in his 20’s. The relationship was so well done, I was a bit disappointed with the ending but they did have an HEA so I’m glad for that.
- I also watched Burlesque which is such a good movie! I don’t often see this movie being mentioned which sucks. The music is amazing, Cher’s song at the beginning is just so good, the story, the romance and the whole show is gorgeous. I also loved Christina’s acting, very soft and innocent with killer voice and looks.
- Yesterday I watched Sailor Moon R The Movie [also known as The Promise of the Rose]. I was a child when I first saw this movie and the memories it always brings every time I re-watch this movie is great. The aesthetic is superb! Who doesn’t love friends saving the world with superpower and love!?
Best way to start 2021!?
On January 1st, Korean time [which is around midnight/morning for me] I watched SMTOWN Live Culture Humanity Concert with some of my favorite artists! I’m a huge K-pop lover, I’ve been one for more than 10 years and SM is my favorite company so starting 2021 watching the live concert was just amazing. It was wonderful seeing the concert right there in my living room! 💜
Coming this week (hopefully) (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧ ✧ﾟ･: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
- Montana Sky book review
- Bookish goals and resolutions (maybe, since I don’t usually have goals/resolutions)
- How many unread books I own!