Hello, lovelies! 😙 This year has been filled with so many great releases, I have been able to discover some amazing new authors and series that I’ve been devouring fast! We are still four months away from the end of the year and new releases are coming daily ~ These are some of the ones that have been announced and I’m dying to read them (◕‿◕✿) of course, this list will continue increasing more and more!
Why the excitement?
- Just a Bit Bossy, Illicit and Dearly Despised by Alessandra Hazard: Ms. Hazard is one of my favorite authors, her book Just a Bit Ruthless is one of my favorite re-reads. She manages to create stories with amazing love scenes, sassy characters and fun banter. I have been waiting for Just a Bit Bossy since December 2020 and even more for the other books. Illicit I feel will be so good – book one and two were amazing! and let me shut up before I start fangirling about Dearly Despised ><
- The Hunter and His Mates by Kiki Clark: I discovered this series in March 2020 and since then I’ve been waiting for every single release religiously! This is book four and I have been loving all the books, especially book three – the action and the way this pack works is so good. We have witches, humans and different animal shifters. I feel there is a book five after this one and I can’t wait to read more of this pack!
- The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang: Last month I read The Bride Test and it was everything: warm, incredibly funny, filled with family love and the romance was top notch! This book centers on Quan, one of my favorite characters. From book two I got the impression Quan lives under the constant reminder he needs to be there for his family, he needs to fill his father’s shoes, take care of his brother’s need and leave his life on the side. Everything stops when his family needs him and the constant pressure from his mother affected him greatly, while this is showed from another POV in book two, I think in book three we will see a how truly he’s impacted by his mother’s constant pressure to fulfill a role he’s not meant to have.
- The Royals Next Door by Karina Halle: The plot in this book sounds so cute, like the perfect contemporary romance with funny and heart-warm moments. I have never read anything by this author but the cover and the the mentions of ‘royals’ got me!
- Strawberry Moon by Sam Burns and W.M. Fawkes: This is book five in a series that I discovered this year and since May I have been waiting patiently for every release. Strawberry Moon follows the story of a turned wolf and boy, I haven’t read about a turned wolf in forever! Plus, this book has enemies to lovers which YAY, those are the best IMO. Besides, I really want to know what will happen now that one of the main plot devices has been resolved, I want to see the aftermath and I’m so happy the authors decided to continue with more books because I think it will be good!
- It All Comes Back To You by Farah Naz Rishi: Second chance and maybe a bit of enemies to lovers? At least that’s what I got from the plot and I’m liking it! I haven’t read anything from this author but the plot sounded amazing: family, rivalry, ex-lovers, secrets. OHHHH I’m all for it!
- Sparrow by Kelly Fox: I read book one Goodnight back in July and it was phenomenal. I love a good cowboy romance and book one did not disappointed. This book focuses on Sparrow and I’m really looking forward to it because he was a great character in book one! Plus, he’s sexy as hell and did I forgot to mention we have enemies to lovers! OMG (¬‿¬)(¬‿¬)
- Under the Whispering Door by T.J. Klune: OHHHH, I feel this book will BREAK my heart ಠ╭╮ಠ I hope it will be everything I’m hoping for: heartfelt, warm, whimsical and good! Right now I’m getting the vibes it will be very similar to The House in the Cerulean Sea – which I loved ♥‿♥
- Aristotle and Dante Dive into the Waters of the World by Benjamin Alire Sáenz: Oh boy, I read book one years ago. My first YA M/M and I still remember how beautiful the book was. I know book two will be equally good, and I know I will love it as I have been waiting for a sequel since I read the first book back in 2015!
- Psycho by Onley James: Book one was phenomenal! I saw online someone describe this as The Umbrella Academy but with actual killer/sociopaths. Book one introduced me to a family of brothers who have been trained to remove those who harms others – an Unnecessary Evil who help humanity by killing monsters. The themes in this series are hard to swallow but the series is so good! I think book two will be equally if not, better than book one.
- Hostile Takeover and Forever Wilde in Aster Valley by Lucy Lennox: Lucy is an amazing author and this year she released one of my favorite series Aster Valley. This series has one of my favorite reads of this year Sweet as Honey which I absolutely adored! Mix this with the Wilde family and I’m all in! The Wilde family is crazy, but united and I love books centered in families. Wilde Love and Sweet as Honey – sign me up ༼ つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ༽つ
- Sol by Con Riley: Book one in this series ‘Charles’ was so good I wanted to wrap it around me like a blanket. Yes, I was at that stage! Sol is about second chances and I’m so for it. I don’t know if by now you’ve noticed the theme in this list: enemies to lover, second chances, you get the picture. This is about ex-lovers, family and art – Sol was adorable in book one: a bit lost and needed of love and support. I’m looking forward to this one so much. Especially because I feel Charles and Hugo will be in this book two and I loved them so much in book one!
- Devoted to the Don by Leighton Greene: This is the final book in a phenomenal series. We go back to the initial couple from book one Finch and Luca. In book five Luca was attacked and he’s battling life and death, during the series Luca has not been one of my favorite characters but he and Finch are meant to be together and I hope for a HEA all the way.
Most of these books belong to series and I don’t recommend reading them as standalone as IMO the previous books are needed but I would recommend them to everyone! ❤
What new releases are YOU looking forward to reading?